This gluten free granola is packed full of good fats, omega-3s, protein and is super low in sugar. Serve with fresh berries and almond milk for a quick and nutritious breakfast.
2 cups rolled oats*
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup activated buckwheat groatinis*
1.5 cups crushed mixed raw nuts (Your choice: almonds, macadamias, brazil nuts, cashews, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
3 tablespoons chia seeds
¼ cup melted coconut oil
3 tablespoons rice malt syrup
Small pinch sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 120degC.
- Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Spread a thin layer of the mixture on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for 45mins, turning the mixture over every 15mins. The darker it is the crunchier it will be.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool, and place in an airtight container for a few weeks.
- To serve: Place 1/3 cup of granola in a bowl with mixed berries and almond milk. Enjoy!
* A few little side notes…
Oats are naturally gluten free, however the big brand varieties are often harvested alongside wheat, so there is always some sneaky gluten in there. A gluten free oat variety is available from health food stores.
Buckwheat is a gluten free seed and available from health food stores. You can also buy raw buckwheat groats and activate them yourself by soaking them overnight in water, then dry them in the oven at the lowest temperature, 50degC, for approximately 8 hours.